Friday, October 19, 2012

Dr. Oz says Gastric Bypass Surgery Works. . . .for weight loss

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/weight-loss-surgery

Are you aware that @ 2% of all those who are qualified to have WLS do it?   That means 98% of those who could never do.
WHY? Why wouldn't more people jump at that chance?  Well, I'd like you to tell me.  I'm a psychologist but I can guess that a lot has to do with denial. 

When I tipped the scales at over 300 I had a bevy of friends who told me I WAS CRAZY to have WLS. Some of them were bigger than I was!  
"Isn't that too drastic?"
"You're not that big." (Yeah, at 300 plus I was that big).
"You could die." (I was already dying).
"Use your willpower."  (I could have climbed mt. Kilimanjaro easier than losing weight) .
"Isn't that a short-cut?"   (Were they kidding?)


 Did you have the same experience?  Were you discouraged?  

No comments:

Post a Comment